Why start a new blog?
Well I am single, young, full of ideas, desire to encapsulate my ideas/personality in time, and in need of a musical outlet.
- Being single gives me the will to want to share my thoughts and ideas with someone, ANYONE! I am half-joking about this. Seriously… I have the most thoughts, emotions, and drive to share with the masses when I am not in a relationship. When I am in a relationship I use all my energy to keep the girl liking me. For whatever reason, I always have the highest creative production when I am single and yearning for someone. It propels me to want to impress others more (not to mention the emotions that come from that void of not having someone)
- I am young(ish), 27 to be exact, which means I am at a point where the world is still full of opportunity, adventure, and mystery. Two years ago I didn’t know I would be in NYC. I could go anywhere and I could be anything. My dreams are still in play, so I am not jaded and I am excited about life. This blog will attempt to inspire excitement about life to others.
- I am cursed and blessed with the habit of over-thinking. Over thinking can come out bad if I am impulsively spewing out thoughts without structure in a conversation with someone. I hope a blog will capture my thoughts while forcing structure and giving me the ability to review my thoughts so I can be more validly judged by someone.
- Going back and reading any old papers or journals I have written is fun and important. I love to see how much I have changed. More importantly, I love to see what has not changed over the years. Identity-crisis’ are common for young over-thinkers. Seeing my commonalities over time reminds me of who I really am at the core, so I can take pride in myself which leads to more confidence which leads to more money, girls, and respect.
- I have written songs for most of my life (seriously since I was like 7). I have recorded a lot of my songs over the last 10 years or so and haven’t really shared them with anyone besides my close music buddies. I will use this as an outlet to share and describe the music that I have written.
What will this blog cover?
- Life observations and theories
- NYC and Houston
- Stories that are unique to me that may be interesting or useful to you